Become a Volunteer!
Share your talents by volunteering!
Watson Art Centre and Dauphin & District Allied Arts Council Inc. needs your help. We are a volunteer-run organization needing volunteers to help us maintain and enhance our heritage building and grow our arts related programs.
We have volunteer positions to fill:
- Made In The Parkland Gift Shop - Are you interested in volunteering to manage our gift shop here at WAC? We are looking for a person to communicate with artisans on their consignment goods, manage the inventory and consignment contracts, look after the display of goods, and update the contracts for changes. A great way to meet some of our very talented local artisans, encourage their participation in our annual craft sale and teaching in workshops at the WAC. Please contact Cheryl Nicholson at 204-638-6231
- Website content maintenance
- Social Media management
- Various committees are seeking support volunteers
In addition, here are some other ideas of how you can help:
- Become a Board Member
- Serve on a Committee, such as the Gallery Committee, Building Committee, Fundraising Committee, etc.
- Give Art Centre Tours
- Sell refreshments at concerts
- Canvas for event fundraising
- Help hang art exhibits
- Prepare and send out newsletters
- Plant flowers in spring
- Sell tickets to events
- Design and create Events Posters
- Help decorate for seasonal holidays
- Hang posters around town
- Prepare food for events
- Help with our Summer Arts Program
- Bring in flower arrangements
- Teaching arts-related Workshops
- Contribute through your special talent/passion (such as commercial painting, finishing carpentry, records management)