WAC MEMBERSHIP AND YOU
It’s Membership Renewal Time - So why renew? Membership can benefit you and your membership can help us.
This is what your membership can help us do:
• Provide continued art and cultural programming for Dauphin and surrounding area including amazing concerts, theatrical performances, art programs, and access/space for local groups such as Zirka, Bratstva, Dauphin Art Group, Dauphin Pottery and Ceramics Club, Barbershoppers, Crocus Quilters, Sche Raz, Shona McHarg Highland Dance, Dauphin School of Dance and others.
• Repair and upkeep a provincially designated heritage building and a key historical building to Dauphin’s past . We are one the oldest fully functioning heritage buildings in Dauphin with a rich history as the Town Hall, Police Department and Fire Department.
• Provide community art gallery space for artists of all levels
• Provide a gift boutique for local artisans to sell their products, gain exposure and provide the community with unique gift selection
• Provide a community resource for information and all things art related
• Contribute to the overall health and wellness of the community
• Contribute to the local economy and operate as a community tourism attraction
• Provide beautiful banquet facilities for weddings, meetings and special events.
This is how membership can benefit you:
• Discounts at various classes and workshops
• Partner discounts at various businesses and art supplies merchants
• Corporate and affiliate member discounts on rentals
• A vote at the DDAAC Annual General Meeting and a voice in how the Watson Art Centre contributes to the community
Annual memberships are from January 1 to December 31 each year. Renewal is easy. Fill in the form on the back and return it by fax, email or deliver it to the Watson Art Centre at 104-1st Avenue NW between noon and 5 pm Monday to Friday. You can also renew your membership over the phone with a credit card, just call us at 638-6231. Once your membership is processed a membership card will be issued that will provide you access to amazing benefits.
Annual Regular - Family Rate $20.00
Annual Regular - Single Rate $15.00
Annual Regular - Senior Rate $12.00
Annual Corporate Rate $50.00
Annual Affiliate Rate $30.00
Annual Associate Rate $100.00
Please open the attached Membership Form, fill it out and mail it in to us along with your payment. Thank-you for your support!
Make cheques payable to:
DAUPHIN & DISTRICT ALLIED ARTS COUNCIL INC.
104 – 1st Avenue N.W., Dauphin, Manitoba R7N 2G9
Phone & Fax: (204) 638-6231
1. Membership Definitions
A) Regular Membership:
Family - $20.00 Individual $15.00 Individual Senior - $12.00
Regular Membership benefits include a quarterly newsletter, 20% discount on workshops, opportunity to show work in the Gallery.
B) Corporate Membership: $50.00
Membership benefits include the quarterly newsletter and other arts related information including art show brochures, and 20% off of rentals of the building.
C) Affiliate Membership: $30.00
An Affiliate Membership is available to any visual or performing arts related organization with an active representative on the DDAAC Board of Directors. If attendance at Board meetings is less than 50% in the first 6 months, then membership is null and void. Membership benefits include the opportunity to advertise and promote their activities in the DDAAC newsletter, receipt of the newsletter, access to lower rental fees and the opportunity to rent permanent space in the Watson Allied Arts Centre.
D) Associate Membership: $100.00
An Associate Membership is available to any visual or performing arts related organization who does not have an active representative on the DDAAC Board of Directors. Membership benefits are the same as stated under “Affiliate”.
A) The membership categories have the following privileges at the Annual General Meeting.
Family 2 votes
Individual 1 vote
Individual–Senior 1 vote
Corporate 1 votes
Affiliate 2 votes
Associate 1 vote
B) Members must be present at the Annual General Meeting in order to vote.